29 Mar 2014
Maybelline Colossal//Covergirl Lash Blast Fusion//Covergirl Clump Crusher//
Maybelline Rocket Volume//Covergirl Flamed Out
Now, I don’t claim to be a makeup expert by any means but mascara is hands down my favorite item in my makeup drawer. To me it makes all the difference. Just ask my sister when she applies it to one eye and forgets the other, or forgets it all together…she has a habit of doing that. Since it’s my favorite makeup item I’m always on a quest to find the best one, usually without spending a whole lot of money. While I find value in spending money on certain things..cough cough fashion..but makeup I have a hard time spending money on especially mascara because I feel like I go through it quickly and like to change it out since it is used on my eyes. That all being said I decided to share the drugstore mascaras I’ve tried and what I thought!
1. Maybelline Colossal- I’m going to be honest, I have a huge crush on Covergirl (may or may not have anything to do with Tswift) so it’s hard for me to like anything made by maybelline but I did give it a shot! I like the thickness of the bristles but I did feel like I had to apply a lot of coats and I already apply a lot of coats of mascara anyways.
2. Covergirl Lash Blash Fusion- Maybe it’s the orange bottle or because I’ve used it for so long but I just love this mascara. It coats super well, is easy to apply. I love the thickness of the brush end yet the bristles are small, short, and thin. I buy it in the very black, always and never waterproof. Hate that stuff.
3. Covergirl Clump Crusher- I’ve also used this type from Covergirl a lot and I did like it, I do think it lives up to it’s name and doesn’t produce many clumps but I don’t really like the curved tip of the brush. I know it works for lots of people but for me it just doesn’t. I think it’s harder to use, harder to coat all your lashes evenly, especially the bottom lashes-yes I do coat my bottom lashes always! And I always put eyeliner on the bottom too-sue me. I told you I’m all about the eyes it’s my favorite feature of my husband, he just happens to be super lucky and have those baby blues. Poor me. I’m just a brown eyed girl, but hey at least I got a song for it!
4. Maybelline Rocket Volume- I haven’t used this one quite as much, I think I just thought I would like it because it has the same shape as most the other bottles but call me a maybelline basher I just think Covergirl is better between the two! Like I said for the first maybelline mascara I have to apply so many more coats to see the same results as just one coat of any type of Covergirl.
5. Covergirl Flamed Out- This one is newer and I picked it up when I was replenishing my lash blast stash last. Say that five times fast. And here’s news for ya, I didn’t hate it. I love the bottle…because that so matters about the quality right? I think so. Anywho I also bought this is very black, the brush has thicker bristles and this funky curve to it which I believe actually coats your lashes best.
So of all those I think I ended where I started, cover girl lash blast fusion is still my fave out of these. Who knows maybe next I’ll do a high end take on mascara…until next time!